Sunday, October 30, 2011

Reveiw of my Action Research Plan with the boss

I met with my principal today to discuss my action research plan. He said he liked the plan that I had laid out. He said he did not see any major problems with it but recommended that I include some use of vocabulary into it. He felt that a reasonable reading program could be developed with in the state required TEKS while also grabbing the students interest.

When I posed my research questions he said he felt they were on task for the problems that we have in the alternative high school environment. He said he liked the question: Will improving reading comprehension prepare students for college?
I have learned from working in an alternative high school environment that most students that graduate from this type of school will not try to attain an education past the high school level. The boss agreed with me on this and asked if I thought it could be because of their lack of motivation or college readiness. I told him I thought it was from both. He encouraged me to examine the reading comprehension for college readiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment