Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vision Reflection

A vision can be described as a description of what your school will look like at a specific time in the future.  If you do not know where you are going how will you ever get there?  A vision does exactly that.  It is an idea of what your school will look like at a specific time in the future.  It is your road map to what you and your school must do to improve your campus.  The vision of leadership should be reflected in the schools vision and will ultimately affect the culture of the entire school.  When I have a personal vision for myself, my students, and my school I need to share it and not keep it to myself.  It is something that must be shared with others that are involved. Goals and mission statements can help communicate the vision and also help others involved in that vision to align themselves to that vision.  My actions must be consistent with my words and vision. Lastly my vision must be communicated to stakeholders in a way that will not only inform them but get them excited and interested in the vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment